Extremely energy efficient, CW & AW rated options + Passive House, LEED, Net Zero Energy, & AAMA Certified
INTUS Windows conserve energy, increase thermal performance, reduce noise, and are diversely stylish. Our polymer triple and double pane windows are reinforced with steel u-channels for increased strength and stability, with AW and CW rated options. We use phthalate-free unplasticized-polyvinyl chloride (U-PVC) with no added plasticizers – creating a stronger, longer lasting, more UV resistant window frame. INTUS windows are rot resistant, require very minimal maintenance, and are available in a wide variety of durable and dirt resistant laminate finishes. Every aspect of our windows are designed to conserve energy, increase thermal performance, reduce noise, and beautify buildings.
We provide customized options for any type of commercial or residential building, in any climate zone of the United States . This makes INTUS the top choice for residential and commercial LEED and Passive House Certified structures, green buildings, and the environmentally focused customer.
Triple pane glazing makes for superior energy efficiency, interior comfort, and noise reduction. Intus’ Arcade line of windows are Design Pressure (DP) rated up to DP70. Triple EPDM gaskets provide superior air and water tightness on operable windows and doors, while multiple locking points provide security. Operable styles include tilt and turn, inswing casement, push-out casement, and hopper styles.
SHGC ranging from 0.11 to 0.54 make the Arcade windows suitable for any climate zone in the United States – the freezing Alaskan tundra to the intense heat and high elevations of Arizona. U-values are available from 0.15 to 0.28 Btu/(h.ft2.F) with Argon or Krypton gases between the glass panes. The uPVC lineup is suitable for Passive House buildings.
- Thermal performance: R = 6.7, NFRC Uw = 0.15-0.28 Btu/ (h.ft².F) (center of glass)
- Triple glazing with two low-E coatings, SHGC ranging from 0.11 to 0.54 (center of glass)
- Durable, low-maintenance framing materials reduce heat transfer and insulate better
- Double seals for superior air tightness and improved thermal values, while efficiently keeping moisture out
- An array of colors, decorative grills, handle, and hinge options accommodates a wide variety of design styles
|Fixed, Double Pane||Tilt & Turn, Double Pane|
|U-factor||0.25-0.35 BTU/(hr.ft2.F)||0.27-0.38 BTU/(hr.ft2.F)|
|Fixed, Triple Pane||Tilt & Turn, Triple Pane|
|U-factor||0.15-0.28 BTU/(hr.ft2.F)||0.18-0.31 BTU/(hr.ft2.F)|
Structural Tests Results
|Fixed (standard)||Fixed (optional)||Tilt & Turn (standard)||Tilt & Turn (optional)|
|Air Infiltration (AI)||<0.03 cfm/ft2||<0.01 cfm/ft2||<0.03 cfm/ft2||<0.01 cfm/ft2|
|Water Penetration (WP)||8.35 psf||15.04 psf||8.35 psf||12.11 psf|
|Design Pressure (DP)||+/- 50 psf||+/- 70 psf||+/- 50 psf||+/- 65 psf|
Sound Transmission Loss Test Results
|Fixed, Double Pane||Tilt & Turn, Double Pane||Fixed, Triple Pane||Tilt & Turn, Triple Pane|
INTUS products use the high-end and innovative RENOLIT EXOFOL PVC decorative films. This German technology give our windows and doors beautiful colors and wood grain designs, while standing the test of time and weather. These extremely durable films last for decades in any North American climate – from the intense heat of Arizona’s dessert to the Alaskan tundra. They also reach the highest of quality and design demands, making the films suitable for any architectural style or building type.
RENOLIT EXOFOL MX for Interiors
- First/Base Layer: The base film uses color pigments with Solar Shield Technology which protect the profile against excessive heat build-up. These pigments reduce the infrared radiation and heat build up in the profile. This layer can be a solid color or a design such as a wood grain.
- Second Layer: The middle layer is the upper transparent PMMA layer which protects the colors and designs against fading caused by UV radiation or other weathering effects.
- Third/Top Layer: The transparent upper layer is made of polymethylmethacrylate (PMMA) and absorbs more than 95% of UV-radiation. This means your chosen color or design below will be protected from fading and weather effects.
RENOLIT EXOFOL FX for Exteriors
RENOLIT EXOFOL FX films are high-performance films that set new standards on color fastness and protection globally. They are a weather and ultraviolet resistant, dirt repellent, multi-layer film. Cleaning, and even graffiti removal is a breeze due to the film’s low surface tension, and the high-performance material retains its gloss throughout its service life. The overall film thickness is 170 – 180 μm, and weather exposure tests have confirmed that RENOLIT EXOFOL FX far exceeds the requirements of the RAL quality standards (according to RAL-GZ 716 and EN 513-2).
Because of Solar Shield Technology, RENOLIT EXOFOL FX protects profiles against excessive heat build-up. As a result, RENOLIT offers a guarantee of up to 22.5 years for this product – up to 15 years as a warranty on the film and another 7.5 years via RENOLIT‘s proprietary renovation service depending on location and availability.
- First/Base Layer: The base layer is a solid color PMMA with infrared-reflecting pigments to reduce heat build-up of the profile or boards.
- Second Layer: Next is a pigmented polymethylmethacrylate (PMMA) base film with Solar Shield Technology which protect the profile against excessive heat build-up. These pigments reduce the infrared radiation and heat build up in the profile.
- Third Layer: Then the ink layer is applied.
- Fourth Layer: Next is a transparent PMMA film.
- Fifth/Top Layer: Finally, the top layer is polyvinylidene fluoride film (PVDF).
- Optimized color pigments mean extended color stability
- Longer UV protection in the PMMA film protects the entire system, allowing for sensitive white tones to remain unfaded
- The primer layer under the PVC base film ensures the best adhesion
- A more stable copolymer technology replaces migrating plasticizer
RENOLIT EXOFOL MX has a highly appealing aesthetic, with very little maintenance needed. Just ones cleaning annually with detergent and water, using a sponge or a soft brush, is sufficient to maintain the handsome look for the entire service life of the film.
- Extreme durability that withstands the harshest conditions (-40 to 290 F)
- Excellent resistance to cracking and chalking
- Lead free
- Little maintenance needed
- Easy to clean substances off
- Surpasses AAMA 2605 testing standards
Decorative Grid Design Options
Types of Decorative Grids
- Simulated divided lites with spacers
- Stuck-on grids
- Grids in pane
Weep holes are a critical window design feature. Water flows with gravity downhill – the principle used to drain water away from a wood or aluminum window instead of into your home. That is why most wood windows have a sill that slopes away from the window. During a rain storm water hits the outside of the glass, dropping to the sill and draining away from the window.
Weep holes are needed because the sill is the exact same shaped extrusion as the jambs, which means that the window tracks that hold the sash when in the vertical position of the frame, will collect and hold water when functioning as the sill in the bottom horizontal position of the frame. Weep holes allow this water to drain.
INTUS windows and doors use the sturdy, secure, and timeless Secustik® handles. The sleek handles coordinate with our window profiles and elements, and offer a high level of security. The self-operating blocking mechanism makes a precise click as the handle is turned through its various positions. A coupling element allows for normal use of the window handle from inside. However, it jams the handle if anyone tries to turn it from outside by way of the fitting. The Secustik® patented jamming device makes this extra layer of security possible by preventing unlawful moving of the window-fitting from outside. Watch how these handles work and protect against invaders in this video.
Handle Colors Available
- Handle in horizontal position = Turn position
- Handle in vertical position, turned counter-clockwise = Tilt position
- Handle in vertical position, turned clockwise = Locked position
Handle in horizontal position = Turn position
Handle in vertical position, turned counter-clockwise = Tilt position
Handle in vertical position, turned clockwise = Locked position
- 4″ limiter without friction
- 4″ limiter with friction
- 70 and 90 degree limiters with friction
- Stable and robust frame profile keeps the net tightly stretched through the entire area of the frame
- Installation of window screen does not damage the window or door
- Available screen net colors: grey, black
INTUS offers triple glazed windows with multiple selection of Ug, SHGC, and VT so your windows can be customized for your location, orientation, and situation for optimal performance. Our knowledgeable staff and dealers will be happy to assist you in selecting the appropriate glazing options for your building project.
- Obscure Insulating Glass: This glass obscures the view for more privacy, while letting the light shine through. It is available in a variety of textured surfaces.
- Tinted Insulating Glass: Like sunglasses, windows with tinted glass help block the sun’s rays to help control glare. Tinted glass helps keep rooms that get direct sun cooler. Plus, the tint helps block the view into your home providing some privacy. We provide blue and bronze insulating glass.
- Clear Insulating Glass: Argon gas fills the space between the glass panes,. This improves the insulating properties, as it prevents hot or cold air from escaping or entering your home.
- Tempered Insulating Glass: This type of glass shatters into small fragments instead of sharp shards when broken, adding a layer of security in case the window is broken.
- Security Glass: INTUS offers a variety of levels of security glass to provide the desired protection.
- Laminated Glass: This glass blocks 99.9% of the sun’s harmful UV rays, protecting the people and contents inside the building. Lamination films will also keep the glass in place if it is shattered.
PROTECTION FROM UV RAYS
Large windows let in lots of beautiful, bright light, but they also let in punishing UV rays that prematurely fade expensive hardwood floors, curtains, rugs, furniture, and cherished mementos. INTUS windows and doors offering superior fade and UV protection by blocking 99.9% of the sun’s harmful UV radiation with Guardian’s superior laminated glass.