INTUS Lift & Slide Doors
Create bright living spaces with these smooth & easy to operate energy efficient lift and slide doors.
INTUS Lift & Slide Doors are available in large sizes up to 20 feet wide, creating seamless transitions from the interior to exterior. Despite their size, they are incredibly easy to operate, and still provide superior energy efficiency. Our doors come in several operation schemes, with decorative grid options, allowing for immense light no matter what style or type of room you’re creating. Our durable and dirt resistant laminates are available in a large selection of colors, from aluminum type finishes to wood textures. We provide customized options for multi-family residential complexes, in any climate zone of the United States.
Like all INTUS products, we achieve energy conservation, increased thermal performance, and noise reduction by combining high quality components for every part of the door. We use phthalate-free unplasticized-polyvinyl chloride (U-PVC) with no added plasticizers – creating a stronger, longer lasting, more UV resistant door frame. Steel reinforced U-channels provide strength and rigidity. Our Lift & Slide Doors are rot resistant, require very minimal maintenance, and our laminates are graffiti resistant. This makes INTUS the top choice for commercial LEED and Passive House Certified structures, green buildings, and the environmentally focused customer.
INTUS products use the high-end and innovative RENOLIT EXOFOL PVC decorative films. This German technology give our windows and doors beautiful colors and wood grain designs, while standing the test of time and weather. These extremely durable films last for decades in any North American climate – from the intense heat of Arizona’s dessert to the Alaskan tundra. They also reach the highest of quality and design demands, making the films suitable for any architectural style or building type.
RENOLIT EXOFOL MX for Interiors
- First/Base Layer: The base film uses color pigments with Solar Shield Technology which protect the profile against excessive heat build-up. These pigments reduce the infrared radiation and heat build up in the profile. This layer can be a solid color or a design such as a wood grain.
- Second Layer: The middle layer is the upper transparent PMMA layer which protects the colors and designs against fading caused by UV radiation or other weathering effects.
- Third/Top Layer: The transparent upper layer is made of polymethylmethacrylate (PMMA) and absorbs more than 95% of UV-radiation. This means your chosen color or design below will be protected from fading and weather effects.
RENOLIT EXOFOL FX for Exteriors
RENOLIT EXOFOL FX films are high-performance films that set new standards on color fastness and protection globally. They are a weather and ultraviolet resistant, dirt repellent, multi-layer film. Cleaning, and even graffiti removal is a breeze due to the film’s low surface tension, and the high-performance material retains its gloss throughout its service life. The overall film thickness is 170 – 180 μm, and weather exposure tests have confirmed that RENOLIT EXOFOL FX far exceeds the requirements of the RAL quality standards (according to RAL-GZ 716 and EN 513-2).
Because of Solar Shield Technology, RENOLIT EXOFOL FX protects profiles against excessive heat build-up. As a result, RENOLIT offers a guarantee of up to 22.5 years for this product – up to 15 years as a warranty on the film and another 7.5 years via RENOLIT‘s proprietary renovation service depending on location and availability.
- First/Base Layer: The base layer is a solid color PMMA with infrared-reflecting pigments to reduce heat build-up of the profile or boards.
- Second Layer: Next is a pigmented polymethylmethacrylate (PMMA) base film with Solar Shield Technology which protect the profile against excessive heat build-up. These pigments reduce the infrared radiation and heat build up in the profile.
- Third Layer: Then the ink layer is applied.
- Fourth Layer: Next is a transparent PMMA film.
- Fifth/Top Layer: Finally, the top layer is polyvinylidene fluoride film (PVDF).
- Optimized color pigments mean extended color stability
- Longer UV protection in the PMMA film protects the entire system, allowing for sensitive white tones to remain unfaded
- The primer layer under the PVC base film ensures the best adhesion
- A more stable co-polymer technology replaces migrating plasticizer
RENOLIT EXOFOL MX has a highly appealing aesthetic, with very little maintenance needed. Just ones cleaning annually with detergent and water, using a sponge or a soft brush, is sufficient to maintain the handsome look for the entire service life of the film.
- Extreme durability that withstands the harshest conditions (-40 to 290 F)
- Excellent resistance to cracking and chalking
- Lead free
- Little maintenance needed
- Easy to clean substances off
- Surpasses AAMA 2605 testing standards
Types of decorative grids
- Simulated divided lites with spacers
- Stuck-on grids
- Grids in pane
Our Lift & Slide door systems offer the flexibility to make gardens, patios, terraces, and decks an addition to interior spaces in seconds. Despite the size of these handsome doors, the comfortable handles and door engineering combine beautifully, offering a door that effortlessly slides open, while offering security simultaneously. Rollers made of high-quality materials guarantee the sash is lifted with ease, quietly, and precisely.
• Easy & quiet operation
• Threshold equipped with thermal break
• Wheelchair-suitable solutions
• Surface-mounted track with integrated thermal insulation
• Individual track systems
• Installation friendly
• Pre-assembled rollers
• Easy to maintain
The Title & Turn Doors threshold is made from high-quality glass fibre reinforced plastic (GRP) material, and the heat transition coefficient is so minor that a thermal break is no longer necessary. Even with large differences in temperature, the new threshold material hardly expands. You can now have extreme energy efficiency even with massive sliding glass doors.
• Thermal breaks are no longer required
• Effective insulation against heat or cold
• Ideal solution against cold bridges and drafts
• Very small material expansion
• The material is frost-proof and not sensitive to heat
• Extremely robust surface
• The sliding sashes run smoothly and silently
• Optimal opening convenience
• Wheelchair accessible solution
Screens are not available and will not be shipped for doors.
Screens can be purchased from third party companies, references available.
We offer triple glazed windows with multiple selection of Ug, SHGC, VT so your windows can be customized for you location, orientation and situation for optimal performance. Our knowledgeable employees and distributors will be happy to assist you in glazing selection.
- Obscure Insulating Glass. This glass obscures the view for more privacy, while letting the light shine through. Available in a variety of textured surfaces.
- Tinted Insulating Glass. Like sunglasses, windows with tinted glass help block the sun’s rays to help control glare; plus, they keep rooms that get direct sun cooler. The tint also helps block the view into your home. Available in Blue, Bronze and insulating glass.
- Clear Insulating Glass. The airspace filled with argon gas between the three panes of glass improves insulating properties, preventing heat or cold from escaping or entering your home.
- Tempered Insulating Glass. This glass will usually shatter into small fragments instead of sharp shards when broken.
- Security glass. Different levels of security glass will provide necessary protection.
- Laminated glass. Blocks 99.9% of the sun’s harmful UV rays. Lamination films will keep the glass in place if glass is shattered.
PROTECTION FROM UV RAYS
Large windows let in lots of beautiful, bright light. But they also let in punishing UV rays that prematurely fade expensive hardwood floors, curtains, rugs, furniture and cherished mementos. Guardian offers superior fade and UV protection that blocks 99.9% of the sun’s harmful UV radiation with Guardian Laminated Glass.