INTUS Lift & Slide Doors
Create bright living spaces with these smooth & easy to operate energy efficient lift and slide doors.
Intus Windows utilizes polymer window and door frames that are reinforced with steel u-channels for increased strength and stability. The use of unplasticized-polyvinyl chloride or U-PVC which has no plasticizers added and resulting window frame is stronger, longer lasting and much more UV resistant. The polymer frames are resistant to rot, and our wide variety of durable laminate finishes result in a product that is virtually maintenance free.
- Unmatched laminate color selection ranging from wood textures to aluminum type finishes
- Superior noise insulation
- Solid hardware ensures smooth and easy operation
- Large sizes up to 20 ft wide
INTUS products use the high-end and innovative RENOLIT EXOFOL PVC decorative films. This German technology give our windows and doors beautiful colors and wood grain designs, while standing the test of time and weather. These extremely durable films last for decades in any North American climate – from the intense heat of Arizona’s dessert to the Alaskan tundra. They also reach the highest of quality and design demands, making the films suitable for any architectural style or building type.
*More colors available! Additional cost &/or 5 week lead time may apply.
RENOLIT EXOFOL MX for Interiors
- First/Base Layer: The base film uses color pigments with Solar Shield Technology which protect the profile against excessive heat build-up. These pigments reduce the infrared radiation and heat build up in the profile. This layer can be a solid color or a design such as a wood grain.
- Second Layer: The middle layer is the upper transparent PMMA layer which protects the colors and designs against fading caused by UV radiation or other weathering effects.
- Third/Top Layer: The transparent upper layer is made of polymethylmethacrylate (PMMA) and absorbs more than 95% of UV-radiation. This means your chosen color or design below will be protected from fading and weather effects.
RENOLIT EXOFOL PX for Exteriors
The RENOLIT EXOFOL PX films simply make windows and doors look beautiful for longer. The high-performance materials used mean more features for the building.
- Optimized color pigments mean extended color stability
- Longer UV protection in the PMMA film protects the entire system, allowing for sensitive white tones to remain unfaded
- The primer layer under the PVC base film ensures the best adhesion
- A more stable copolymer technology replaces migrating plasticizer
Note: If you live in any of the following states, please refer to the FX films below, as the PX films can not be used here: FL, TX, NM, AZ, CA, NV, UT, CO.
RENOLIT EXOFOL FX for Exteriors
RENOLIT EXOFOL FX films are high-performance films that set new standards on color fastness and protection globally. They are a weather and ultraviolet resistant, dirt repellent, multi-layer film. Cleaning, and even graffiti removal is a breeze due to the film’s low surface tension, and the high-performance material retains its gloss throughout its service life. The overall film thickness is 170 – 180 μm, and weather exposure tests have confirmed that RENOLIT EXOFOL FX far exceeds the requirements of the RAL quality standards (according to RAL-GZ 716 and EN 513-2).
Because of Solar Shield Technology, RENOLIT EXOFOL FX protects profiles against excessive heat build-up. As a result, RENOLIT offers a guarantee of up to 22.5 years for this product – up to 15 years as a warranty on the film and another 7.5 years via RENOLIT‘s proprietary renovation service depending on location and availability.
- First/Base Layer: The base layer is a solid color PMMA with infrared-reflecting pigments to reduce heat build-up of the profile or boards.
- Second Layer: Next is a pigmented polymethylmethacrylate (PMMA) base film with Solar Shield Technology which protect the profile against excessive heat build-up. These pigments reduce the infrared radiation and heat build up in the profile.
- Third Layer: Then the ink layer is applied.
- Fourth Layer: Next is a transparent PMMA film.
- Fifth/Top Layer: Finally, the top layer is polyvinylidene fluoride film (PVDF).
RENOLIT EXOFOL MX has a highly appealing aesthetic, with very little maintenance needed. Just ones cleaning annually with detergent and water, using a sponge or a soft brush, is sufficient to maintain the handsome look for the entire service life of the film.
- Extreme durability that withstands the harshest conditions (-40 to 290 F)
- Excellent resistance to cracking and chalking
- Lead free
- Little maintenance needed
- Easy to clean substances off
- Surpasses AAMA 2605 testing standards
Types of decorative grids
- Simulated divided lites with spacers
- Stuck-on grids
- Grids in pane
Those who like bright spaces will appreciate and value the many advantages that Lift & Slide patio systems offer – living spaces open up towards the garden, terraces become living spaces.
The word “hardware” includes nearly all mechanical elements which control the closing and opening functions of a door. You can divide it into elements of door sash and door frame, a gearbox that controls different functions because of moving the handle, and a shear belong to the elements of door sash. The shear causes a changing from a position of turning into a position of tilting.
• Easy operation
• Threshold equipped with thermal break
• Wheelchair-suitable solutions
• Surface-mounted track with integrated thermal insulation
• Individual track systems
• Installation friendly
• Pre-assembled rollers
• Easy to maintain
Our handles match our profiles and other elements perfectly – they are produced to the highest standard and use high quality materials. Besides looking great they also have a number of features that make our doors more secure and make your home a safer place to live. The self-operating blocking mechanism makes a precise click as the handle is turned through its various positions. Rollers made of high-quality materials guarantee an effortless lifting of the sash, as well as the quiet and precise movement of
the sliding door.
The handle is easy to operate. When the handle is turned upwards, the sash is released into the sliding position. In the closing phase the sash self-engages into the tilting position. Then close the sash just like a conventional Tilt & Turn window.
The threshold is made from a, high-quality GRP (glass fibre reinforced plastic) material composition sets new standards in living comfort and easy installation of Lift & Slide doors.
The heat transition coefficient is so minor that a thermal break is no longer necessary. Even with large differences in temperature, the new threshold material hardly expands.
• Thermal breaks are no longer required
• Effective insulation against heat or cold
• Ideal solution against cold bridges and drafts
• Very small material expansion
• The material is frost-proof and not sensitive to heat
• Extremely robust surface
• The sliding sashes run smoothly and silently
• Optimal opening convenience
• Wheelchair accessible solution
Screens are not available and will not be shipped for doors.
Screens can be purchased from third party companies, references available.
We offer triple glazed windows with multiple selection of Ug, SHGC, VT so your windows can be customized for you location, orientation and situation for optimal performance. Our knowledgeable employees and distributors will be happy to assist you in glazing selection.
- Obscure Insulating Glass. This glass obscures the view for more privacy, while letting the light shine through. Available in a variety of textured surfaces.
- Tinted Insulating Glass. Like sunglasses, windows with tinted glass help block the sun’s rays to help control glare; plus, they keep rooms that get direct sun cooler. The tint also helps block the view into your home. Available in Blue, Bronze and insulating glass.
- Clear Insulating Glass. The airspace filled with argon gas between the three panes of glass improves insulating properties, preventing heat or cold from escaping or entering your home.
- Tempered Insulating Glass. This glass will usually shatter into small fragments instead of sharp shards when broken.
- Security glass. Different levels of security glass will provide necessary protection.
- Laminated glass. Blocks 99.9% of the sun’s harmful UV rays. Lamination films will keep the glass in place if glass is shattered.
PROTECTION FROM UV RAYS
Large windows let in lots of beautiful, bright light. But they also let in punishing UV rays that prematurely fade expensive hardwood floors, curtains, rugs, furniture and cherished mementos. Guardian offers superior fade and UV protection that blocks 99.9% of the sun’s harmful UV radiation with Guardian Laminated Glass.