INTUS Balcony Doors
Let the light in while maintaining extreme energy efficiency & security
INTUS balcony doors conserve energy, increase thermal performance, reduce noise, and are diversely stylish. Our polymer triple and double pane doors are reinforced with steel u-channels for increased strength and stability. We use phthalate-free unplasticized-polyvinyl chloride (U-PVC) with no added plasticizers – creating a stronger, longer lasting, more UV resistant window frame. INTUS balcony doors are rot resistant, require very minimal maintenance, and are available in a wide variety of durable and dirt resistant laminate finishes. Every aspect of our windows and doors are designed to conserve energy, increase thermal performance, reduce noise, and beautify buildings.
We provide customized options for any type of commercial or residential building, in any climate zone of the United States . This makes INTUS the top choice for residential and commercial LEED and Passive House Certified structures, green buildings, and the environmentally focused customer.
Intus Windows utilizes uPVC window and door frames that are reinforced with steel u-channels for increased strength and stability. The use of unplasticized-polyvinyl chloride or U-PVC which has no plasticizers added and resulting window frame is stronger, longer lasting and much more UV resistant. The uPVC frames do not rot and do not require painting and the window & door frames are available in a wide variety of laminate colors. The use of triple pane glazing makes for superior energy efficiency, interior comfort, and noise reduction.
- Warm edge spacers provide higher interior glass surface temperature and reduce condensation on the edge of the glass
- New construction and replacement applications for commercial, residential and institutional use
- Durable, low-maintenance framing materials reduce heat transfer and help insulate better
Structural Tests Results
|In-swing Balcony Door (Standard)||Out-swing Balcony Door (Optional)||Out-swing ADA Balcony Door (Standard)|
|Air Infiltration (AI)||<0.01 cfm/ft2||<0.01 cfm/ft2||<0.02 cfm/ft2|
|Water Penetration (WP)||04.59 psf||7.52 psf||7.52 psf|
|Design Pressure (DP)||+/- 45 psf||+/- 50 psf||+/- 50 psf|
INTUS products use the high-end and innovative RENOLIT EXOFOL PVC decorative films. This German technology give our windows and doors beautiful colors and wood grain designs, while standing the test of time and weather. These extremely durable films last for decades in any North American climate – from the intense heat of Arizona’s dessert to the Alaskan tundra. They also reach the highest of quality and design demands, making the films suitable for any architectural style or building type.
RENOLIT EXOFOL MX for Interiors
- First/Base Layer: The base film uses color pigments with Solar Shield Technology which protect the profile against excessive heat build-up. These pigments reduce the infrared radiation and heat build up in the profile. This layer can be a solid color or a design such as a wood grain.
- Second Layer: The middle layer is the upper transparent PMMA layer which protects the colors and designs against fading caused by UV radiation or other weathering effects.
- Third/Top Layer: The transparent upper layer is made of polymethylmethacrylate (PMMA) and absorbs more than 95% of UV-radiation. This means your chosen color or design below will be protected from fading and weather effects.
RENOLIT EXOFOL FX for Exteriors
RENOLIT EXOFOL FX films are high-performance films that set new standards on color fastness and protection globally. They are a weather and ultraviolet resistant, dirt repellent, multi-layer film. Cleaning, and even graffiti removal is a breeze due to the film’s low surface tension, and the high-performance material retains its gloss throughout its service life. The overall film thickness is 170 – 180 μm, and weather exposure tests have confirmed that RENOLIT EXOFOL FX far exceeds the requirements of the RAL quality standards (according to RAL-GZ 716 and EN 513-2).
Because of Solar Shield Technology, RENOLIT EXOFOL FX protects profiles against excessive heat build-up. As a result, RENOLIT offers a guarantee of up to 22.5 years for this product – up to 15 years as a warranty on the film and another 7.5 years via RENOLIT‘s proprietary renovation service depending on location and availability.
- First/Base Layer: The base layer is a solid color PMMA with infrared-reflecting pigments to reduce heat build-up of the profile or boards.
- Second Layer: Next is a pigmented polymethylmethacrylate (PMMA) base film with Solar Shield Technology which protect the profile against excessive heat build-up. These pigments reduce the infrared radiation and heat build up in the profile.
- Third Layer: Then the ink layer is applied.
- Fourth Layer: Next is a transparent PMMA film.
- Fifth/Top Layer: Finally, the top layer is polyvinylidene fluoride film (PVDF).
- Optimized color pigments mean extended color stability
- Longer UV protection in the PMMA film protects the entire system, allowing for sensitive white tones to remain unfaded
- The primer layer under the PVC base film ensures the best adhesion
- A more stable copolymer technology replaces migrating plasticizer
RENOLIT EXOFOL MX has a highly appealing aesthetic, with very little maintenance needed. Just ones cleaning annually with detergent and water, using a sponge or a soft brush, is sufficient to maintain the handsome look for the entire service life of the film.
- Extreme durability that withstands the harshest conditions (-40 to 290 F)
- Excellent resistance to cracking and chalking
- Lead free
- Little maintenance needed
- Easy to clean substances off
- Surpasses AAMA 2605 testing standards
Types of Decorative Grids
- Simulated divided lites with spacers
- Stuck-on grids
- Grids in pane
INTUS windows and doors use the sturdy, secure, and timeless Secustik® handles. The sleek handles coordinate with our window profiles and elements, and offer a high level of security. The self-operating blocking mechanism makes a precise click as the handle is turned through its various positions. A coupling element allows for normal use of the window handle from inside. However, it jams the handle if anyone tries to turn it from outside by way of the fitting. The Secustik® patented jamming device makes this extra layer of security possible by preventing unlawful moving of the window-fitting from outside. Watch how these handles work and protect against invaders in this video.
Handle Colors Available
- Handle in horizontal position = Turn position
- Handle in upward vertical position, turned counter-clockwise = Locking position
- Handle returned to vertical position after step 2 = Locked position
- Low threshold
- ADA compliant threshold
Screens are not available and will not be shipped for doors.
Screens can be purchased from third party companies, references available.
We offer triple glazed windows with multiple selection of Ug, SHGC, VT so your windows can be customized for you location, orientation and situation for optimal performance. Our knowledgeable employees and distributors will be happy to assist you in glazing selection.
- Obscure Insulating Glass. This glass obscures the view for more privacy, while letting the light shine through. Available in a variety of textured surfaces.
- Tinted Insulating Glass. Like sunglasses, windows with tinted glass help block the sun’s rays to help control glare; plus, they keep rooms that get direct sun cooler. The tint also helps block the view into your home. Available in Blue, Bronze and insulating glass.
- Clear Insulating Glass. The airspace filled with argon gas between the three panes of glass improves insulating properties, preventing heat or cold from escaping or entering your home.
- Tempered Insulating Glass. This glass will usually shatter into small fragments instead of sharp shards when broken.
- Security glass. Different levels of security glass will provide necessary protection.
- Laminated glass. Blocks 99.9% of the sun’s harmful UV rays. Lamination films will keep the glass in place if glass is shattered.
PROTECTION FROM UV RAYS
Large windows let in lots of beautiful, bright light. But they also let in punishing UV rays that prematurely fade expensive hardwood floors, curtains, rugs, furniture and cherished mementos. Guardian offers superior fade and UV protection that blocks 99.9% of the sun’s harmful UV radiation with Guardian Laminated Glass.