LEED v4 is the newest version of the world’s premier benchmark for high-performance green buildings
This version is bolder, more specialized, and designed for an improved user experience.
Here’s why LEED v4 is better:
- Includes a focus on materials that goes beyond how much is used to get a better understanding of what’s in the materials we spec for our buildings and the effect those components have on human health and the environment
- Takes a more performance-based approach to indoor environmental quality to ensure improved occupant comfort
- Brings the benefits of smart grid thinking to the forefront with a credit that rewards projects for participating in demand response programs
- Provides a clearer picture of water efficiency by evaluating total building water use
Features and tools
The key to success is making sure you’re using the right tools. LEED v4 is backed by a supporting cast of tools and resources.
- Discover which LEED v4 rating system applies to your project. Get started.
- View LEED v4 sample forms.
- LEED v4 for Building Design & Construction (full)
- Guide to LEED Certification – Homes
- Guide to LEED Certification – Commercial